Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Well it was Eric's first official father's day. We had a nice day together as a family. We didn't do anything too exciting, but it was nice to spend time together. We went to the pool for a few hours. Miss Ella took a nap in the shade while mommy and daddy got some sun and were able to meet some new friends. For father's day Ella bought her daddy his favorite cake from Publix. I also had some pictures taken of her and I together for him. He really liked that for his office. As far as dinner went for those of you who know me well, my cooking was calling O'Charley's for take out. Its the thought right!??! All in all I feel Eric had a nice 1st father's day. Ella is doing well. She has discovered her thumb. She will sometimes try and put her whole hand in her mouth but I think she is learning the whole hand just isn't going to fit!! Her newest thing is she loves to do the "motor boat" sound. It will entertain her for a hour straight some days!! She loves when Eric does it and then she wants to do it back. They will just go back and forth until Eric's lips go numb. It is the cutest thing. She loves to spend time with her daddy. She is going to be a daddy's girl for sure!! Each day with Ella gets better and better. It is so fun just to watch her grow and discover new things. We are looking forward to our weekend. We have Ashley, Ryan and the boys coming to visit for the first time. I am sure I will have a lot of pictures to post!! Hope all is well with everyone and all you dad's had a great Father's Day!!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Aimee! I found your blog through Ashley's blog. So glad you started one up. They are so fun and a great way to document your child's life. Plus, the families love it, especially when you do not live close by. Sounds like everything is going great for you and sweet Ella is just precious. I will add you to my blog of friends so I can keep posted on you guys :)
Have fun with the Norton's this weekend. Hope to see Ash tomorrow morning before they head out (going to be in ATL for the weekend).
~Jennifer Willson Mautz (one of the twins)

sara Cowgill said...

Thanks for the update. I am glad that Eric had a great Father's Day. Danny I think had a good one as well. Can't wait to see you and Ella in July. Let me know if your Mom Needs any baby stuff for when you guys come home also do you need anything while at Aunt Pats. let me know i have plenty!!!! Love ya Sara

Ms. Meka said...

Hey Aimee & Eric(my extended family). I think it's awesome Eric had a great first Father's Day! Lil Ms. Ella has been blessed with two wonderful people as her parents! Tee Tee Meka can't wait to see her live and in person in August and save mom and dad from ordering take out at least for a few days (lol)! Take care..Luv ya Ms. Meka