Saturday, January 3, 2009

Ella's 1st Christmas











Ella's 1st Christmas was a BLAST!! She had a great time. I know she didn't understand what was going on but when you have children it gives Christmas a whole new spin. We had Christmas with Eric's family this year. We rotate every year since our family's live so far apart. We went to Jasper, Indiana where Kari (Eric's sister) and PawPaw live. We came in on Christmas Eve. That day they had a cookie decorating contest. Mine was picked by Dylan (our nephew) for Santa to eat! You can tell a child did the judging b/c it was not a pretty cookie. We went to 5 o'clock mass, which Ella did very well. I was nervous she was not going to make it b/c at our church she is always in God's Garden, a.k.a daycare. Thank goodness for Cheerios!! That night we played games and waited for Santa's arrival!! Christmas morning we watched the kids (Dylan and Ella) open their gifts. Santa was very good to them so I assume they were very well behaved this year. I also had a great Christmas. Santa was very good to me too!! I got a new watch, diamond necklace and a food processor ha!! I got a few other items for the kitchen as well. I am taking the hint I need to get in the kitchen more!! I will let you know how that goes. We had a great Christmas dinner and Wii for dessert ha!! The theme of the weekend was Mario Cart. The guys were addicted. I have to admit the bowling was VERY fun too!! Ella had a great weekend with Dylan. She loves to play with other children. We had our 2nd Christmas this past Friday when MiMi and PopPop sent their gifts. Ella LOVES her new giraffe with tags!! Ella has always been obsessed with tags. If something has a tag on it she will find it!! Thank you to everyone for making Ella's first Christmas so wonderful. I know she will never remember it, but we will and we can share the stories with her oneday.





All in all we were VERY blessed in 2008. Our move to Nashville was a great transition for our family. We LOVE it here!! So come visit. ha We were blessed on Feb 27th with Ella Marie and life has not been the same since. She is our pride and joy!! I truly love Eric but you when you have a child you fall in love all over and even harder. We have met some great people here and found a church we really enjoy. God has been so great to us and we are very thankful for that. We love you all and wish you the best in 2009.








2 comments:

The Nortons said...

Ryan and I have been laughing all morning! LOVE the matching Pj's! Did everyone have them on?? That is great!! Dylan is just a handsome little fella! He's grown so much! Yes, you said it all! We are all so blessed and God has been VERY good to us all!! Happy New Year and hope to see you soon! There will be a package coming to Ms. Ella within the next week or 2! It's a surprise!!

Fahring Family said...

Sweet Ella! She is growing up so big!! I hope you are doing well!
We miss you guys!!