Monday, July 28, 2008

5 Months



Ella is 5 months today. I can't believe it. Where does the time go?!?! Ella is doing very well. She amazes us more and more everyday. I love watching her experience new things. She is now 13.3lbs and I am assuming about 26 inches long or so. Ella is still waking up at night but normally its only around 3am and then she goes back to sleep until 6:30am. She is really good about her bedtime though. When its 8:30pm she is ready. As far as her napping goes, that is a different story. She will take about 3 naps a day and they are only for about 30-45 mins. I am hoping that part will change!! She is still turning over from back to front and has only turned back over to her back a few times. I think she is still trying to figure it out. She loves being on her stomach b/c I think she really wants to crawl. She gets so mad that she can't go any where once she has turned over so she gets very frustrated. I keep telling her it will happen oneday just be patient!! She is VERY chatty ha! She will just talk and talk. I wonder where she gets that?!?! I tell Eric all the time we are in trouble when she really starts talking. She laughs and smiles constantly. I guess its a GREAT thing to have a happy baby b/c happy baby makes happy parents. She is still enjoying her cereal. Her new thing with that is she thinks its very funny to do "motor boat" while she is eating. So you can imagine what that is like, food is every where. My mom said I did the same thing. I can only imagine once we start veggies what my walls are going to look like. This past week MeMa (Eric's mom) came to visit. I think her and Ella had a great time together. It was very nice to have the company and especially the home cooked meals!! As you know I am no cook so its so nice to have breakfast, lunch and dinner cooked for you EVERY day!! Thank you again MeMa for coming to see us. On Friday Kari, Scott, PawPaw and Dylan came to see us. They went to see the Wiggles in Nashville. Ella did not go b/c we felt she was too young to enjoy it, but maybe next year. On Saturday we took Dylan and Ella to get their pictures made together. They turned out really cute. Other than that we are all doing well. Eric is doing really well in his new position here so we are very proud of daddy. As far as mommy, I am good. Working from home and really enjoying it. I have the best customers so it makes my job a lot of fun. I feel very blessed to be able to stay home with Ella. Hope everyone is having a great summer. We miss and love you all.

2 comments:

The Nortons said...

What a great picture!!! LOVE IT!! Ella has already changed again..she's precious! And Dylan..what a ham!! Keep the updates coming! Miss you!

The Webb's said...

What a precious little picture...so sweet. I'm so glad to hear all is well with you guys.

Keep the updates coming!

~Anna